Friday, September 26, 2008

Twig Sketch Models


The twig project was a basic model that we had to create by using 12 twigs and one binding agent. When thinking about this project I could not come up with anything, however, I started playing around with the twigs and paper to see what I could come up with. When creating my first model I was satisfied with my ideabut not by the way that I had put it together. The paper that I used was to weak to hold the sticks and the center was to heavy for the paper.

Since the paper was to weak I thought about creating something sturdier to hold up the center piece. This is where I got the idea for using cardboard. Some difficulties I came across when creating this model were cutting my circles to get the cardboard to look decent on the edges. However the only binding agent that I found was strong enough to hold up the twigs and cardboard was hot glue. This created another problem because I didn't like the look it created on my project.

No comments: