Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wearable Rapunzel




This choker was my first attempt. I used a red string and painted certain sections with witeout to see how it would turn out. However it create a very stiff feeling.


In continuation to our Fairy tales we had to create an artifact that represented the essence of the story.My essence was Innocence doesn't last forever. I decide to design a choker to represent certain aspects that represented the story. Rapunzel was very controlled by the enchantress, her mother, and the choker represented how she might have felt. Since the choker is tight to the neck it shows how she might have felt. I chose the colors red and white to show Love(red) and Innocence(white).I decided to include these two colors because in the story she looses her innocence when she finds love through music. The way music is represented is because the choker is worn at the neck where the vocal cords are.


My presentation was made with this artifact and this one was made using black suede lace and wrapping red thread and white thread to make it a little thicker.


No comments: